Teri Nasle Paak me he bacha bacha Noor ka,
Too he Aine Noor tera sub gharana Noor ka.
The Aqida (belief) of the Ahle Sunnat Wa Jama’at is that the Prophet (Sall Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) is Noor (Light) and came to us in the form of a man. Even though he came towards us in a human form, he is “Afdalul Bashr” (The most superior human).
It should be noted that originality does not change by the changing of a garb. Hazrat Jibra’eel Ameen (Alaihis Salaam) is Noor but when appeared before Hazrat Maryam (RadiAllahu Anhu) he would appear to her in the form of human.
Concerning this Almighty Al’laah states in the Holy Qur’aan:
“Thus he appeared to her in the form of a healthy (well built) man” [Surah Maryam Verse.17]
- It is in Mishkaat Shareef on the authority of the Second Khalifa of Islam Hazrat Umar Farooq(رضي الله عنه) . He states:
“Once we were in the Holy Court of the Prophetﷺ and a man appeared.”
The Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ asked Hazrat Umar Farooq(رضي الله عنه) if he recognized the person and Hazrat Umar Farooq(رضي الله عنه) said:“Almighty Al’laah and His beloved Rasoolﷺ know better. The Prophetﷺ said,
“It is Jibra’eel (Alaihis Salaam).” [Mishkaat-ul-Masabih Pg.11 – Bukhari Shareef]
It is obvious that the Sahaba referred to Hazrat Jibra’eel (Alaihis Salaam) as a man since they had seen him in the form of a human being. He had black hair, hands, legs, eyes, ears and a nose. All these are human qualities, yet it is obvious that he is not human but an Angel who is Noor, and just appeared to them in the form of a man.
It is a well known fact to the people of knowledge that in the Hadith it has been narrated on numerous occasions about how Hazrat Jibra’eel (Alaihis Salaam) presented himself in the Holy Court of the Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ as a human.
On many instances he came in the form of Sahabi-e- Rasool Hazrat Dahia Kalbi (رضي الله عنه).
- The Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ has stated,
“The very first creation which Almighty Al’laah created was my Noor.”[Tafseer Nayshapuri Pg. 55 Vol.8 – Tafseer Roohul Bayaan Pg.548 Vol.1 – Zurqaani Shareef Pg.37 Vol.1 – Madarijun Nabuiwa Pg.2 Vol.2 – Bayaanul Milaadun Nabwi Li ibn Jauzi Pg.24]
- The Distinguished Sahabi-e-Rasool Hazrat Jaabir(رضي الله عنه) respectfully enquired from the Holy Prophetﷺ ,“O Prophet of Al’laah , my parents be sacrificed upon you. What is the first thing which Almighty Al’laah created before everything else?
The Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ replied,
“O Jaabir ! Undoubtedly, before creating anything else, Almighty Al’laah created the Noor of your Nabi from His Noor” [Mawahibul Laduniyah Shareef Pg.9 Vol.1 – Zurqaani Shareef Pg.46 Vol.1 –Seerat-e-Halbia Pg.37 Vol.1 – Sharah Dalailul Kheyraat Pg.210 –Hujatul’laahi alal Alameen Pg.28 – Anwaarul Muhammadiya Pg.9 -Fatawa Hadeethia Pg.51]
- The annotator of Bukhari Imam Ahmad Qastalaani (Rahimahullah) in his most distinguished work “Mustataab Mawahibul Laduniyah” presents a narration on the authority of Hazrat Imam Zainul Abedeen (Alaihi Salaam) who narrates from His father Hazrat Imam Hussain (Alaihi Salaam) who narrates from His father Hazrat Ali Mushkil Kusha (Alaihi Salaam) that the Holy Prophet ﷺ said, “14000 years before the creation of Hazrat Adam (Alaihis Salaam), I was a Noor (Light) by my Creator.” [Mawahibul Laduniyah Pg.10 Vol.1 – Jawahirul Bihar Pg.774 – Anwaarul Muhammadiya, Pg.9 – Hujatul’laahi Alal Alameen – Tafseer Roohul Bayaan Pg.370 Vol.2]
After examining the above mentioned sayings of the Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ it is as bright and evident as the sun that the Holy Prophet ﷺ referred to himself as being Noor and he did so in a very clear manner to his Ummah. Those who oppose and contradict the Nooraniyat of the Holy Prophet are definitely against the Holy Prophet ﷺ .
Now let us examine the Aqida (belief) of the Glorious Sahaba-e- Kiraam (Companions of the Prophet ) who are beacons of guidance for the Ummah.
- Renowned Muhaditheen of the Ummate Muhammadiﷺ, Allama Muhadith Baihiqi (rahimahullah)and Hazrat Allama Yusuf Nabhaani (rahimahullah) have explained the belief of Hazrat Abu Bakr Siddique(رضي الله عنه) from one of his stanzas in praise of the Holy Prophetﷺ :
“Muhammad Mustafaﷺ is the Honest and is the One who invites towards righteousness; His Bright Light takes away darkness and destroys it like the radiance of the full Moon.” [Dalail-un-Nabuiwat, Pg.225 Vol.1 – Jawahirul Bihar Pg.96 Vol.1].
- The fourth Khalifa of Islam Hazrat Ali Murtuza(رضي الله عنه) states,
“When the Beloved of Al’laahﷺ used to speak then Noor (light) could be seen beaming from between his blessed teeth.” [Mawahibul Laduniyah Pg. 270 Vol.1 – Anwaarul Muhammadiya Pg.132 – Zurqaani Shareef]
- After gaining victory and success in Ghazwa-e-Tabook when Rasoolullahﷺ arrived in Madinatul Munawwara, Hazrat Abbas (رضي الله عنه) asked for permission from the Prophet ﷺ to present a few stanzas in his praise. Mercy unto the Worlds, The Holy Prophet ﷺ said, “My dear Uncle! Go ahead. Let Almighty Al’laah keep your tongue in good health (One worthy of praising).”
- Two of these stanzas are being noted below. These have been recorded in the distinguished works of great Muhaditheen such as Imam Jalaludeen Suyuti, Muhadith ibn Jauzi, Allama Ibn Hajr, Allama Halbi, Allama Dahlaan Makki, Allama Nabhaani, Allama ibn Abdul Birr, Allama Haakim and Allama Sharistaani
On your blessed Birth the earth became bright,
Through the radiance of your light”
“So in that radiance and in that light
We attain and travel the path of guidance”
[Kitaabul Wafa Pg.35 Vol.1 – Khasaais-ul-Kubra Pg.97 Vol.1 – Jawahirul Bihar Pg.40 – Anwaarul Muhammadiya – Hujatul’laahi Alal Alameen Pg.222 – Mawahibul Laduniyah Pg.23 Al Bidaaya Wan Nihaaya Pg.258 Vol.2]
- The blessed and distinguished Sahabi-e-Rasool Hazrat Abu Hurairah (رضي الله عنه) states,
“When the beloved Prophetﷺ used to smile, the walls would glow with his Noor (Light).” [Mawahibul Laduniyah Pg.271 Vol.1 – Anwaarul Muhammadiya Pg.133, Shifa Shareef Pg.39 – Commentary Shamai’l Tirmizi Pg.16 – Madarijun Nabuiwat (Persian) Pg.12 – Hujatul’laahi Alal Alameen Pg 689]
- Sahabi-e-Rasool Hazrat Anas (رضي الله عنه) says,
“The entire Madinatul Munawwara became bright through the Noorof the Prophet (sall Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) on the day when he entered into the City (Madina).” [Tirmizi Shareef Pg.202 Vol.2 -Mishkaatul Masabih Pg. 547 – Ibn Majah Shareef Pg.119 – Tabaqaatibn Sa’ad Pg.221 Vol.1 -Mawahibul Laduniyah Pg.68 Vol.1 – Anwaarul Muhammadiya Pg.38 -Seerate Halabia Pg.234 Vol.2 – Jawahirul Bihar Pg. 60 – Khasaais-ul-Kubra Pg.471 Vol.1 -Madarijun Nabuiwat Pg.81 Vol .2]
Now, after examining all the narrations quoted by the Sahaba-e- Kiraam, it is very clear and obvious that they accepted the Prophet (salla Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) to be Noor. In the light of Ahadith of Sayyiduna Rasoolullah (salla Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) it is clear that the claim of the deviants that they are also part of the Ahle Sunnah Wa Jamaat is only a hoax and a fraudulent act as they do not accept the Prophet (salla Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) as Noor. The proper Ahle Sunnah Wa Jamaat are those who accept the Prophet as Noor and they are the ones who are known in the world as Sunni.
Those who reject the Prophet (salla Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) as being Noor, say that the Holy Prophet (salla Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) had wives, He had children, He used to eat and drink and it is for this reason that He is not Noor (In other words he possessed all human qualities). They do not accept our Prophet (salla Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) as Noor since he had wives and children, he (salla Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) ate and drank etc; but the Sahaba (RadiALlahu Anhum) of the Holy Prophet (salla Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) also saw that He had wives, children etc; but still they accepted him to be Noor.
- The Imam-ul-Mufasireen of the Ummat-e-Muhammadiﷺ, Hazrat Abdullah ibn Abbas (رضي الله عنه) has stated concerning the Tafseer of the Ayat:
“Undoubtedly came to you from Al’laah a Light (Noor) and a Bright Book.” [Surah Maaídah Verse.15]
He (رضي الله عنه) states:
“Verily came to you from Al’laah, a light” refers to the Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ .” [Tafseer ibn Abbas Pg.72 – Published Egypt]
- Bibi Halima Sa’adiya (radi Al’laahu anha) was the one who was blessed with being the milk mother of the Holy Prophet ﷺ. She was the person before whom the Holy Prophet ﷺ used to eat and drink. Even believed that the Holy Prophet ﷺ was Noor and this has been explained by Allama Muhadith Ibn Jauzi and Qaazi Thanaul’lah Paani Pati (radi Al’laahu anhum) as follows:
“I never felt the need for a lamp in my house, when I fed the Holy Prophet ﷺ.”
She further says, “One day Umme Khula Sa’adiya said, ‘O Halima! Do you leave the fire burning for the entire night in your home’ and I replied by saying:
No! I swear by Almighty Al’laah that I do not keep the fire burning at all, but this is actually the Noor (light) of Hazrat Muhammadﷺ .’ [Bayaanul Milaadun Nabwi Pg.54 – Tafseer Mazhari]
The second nurse (milk mother) of the Holy Prophetﷺ also believed that Huzoorﷺ is Noor. This is obvious from one of the stanzas of the poem which she said at the time of the passing of the Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ :
“And you were definitely a Noor, A (radiant) sun, and you used to provide brightness in darkness and emptiness.” [Tabaqaat ibn Sa’ad Pg.333 Vol.2]
After examining the beliefs of a few distinguished Sahaba-e-Kiraam (radi Al’laahu anhum), let us examine the beliefs of the Aunts (Paternal) of the Prophetﷺ :
- Hazrat Allama Abdur Rahman Jaami (RadiAllahu Anhu) narrates that Sayyida Safiya (rradi Al’laahu anha) the aunt of the Holy Prophet Muhammad ﷺ says “On the eve of the birth of the Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ I was present at his home. I saw that his Noor (radiance) became more powerful than the brightness of the lamp.” [Shawaahidun Nubuiwat Persian Pg 22]
- After the Holy Prophet ﷺ journeyed into the hereafter, Hazrat Safia (radi Al’laahu anha) said the following stanza due to the sorrow and thought of the passing of The Holy Prophet ﷺ . From this, one may conclude that she also accepted him as Noor (Light).
“I am weeping on the passing of the Holy Prophet Muhammad ﷺ who was really Noor (Light).” [Tabaqaat ibn Sa’ad Pg.329 Vol.2]
It is obvious from the above mentioned narrations that Hazrat Safia (radi Al’laahu anha) always accepted the Holy Prophet to be Noor.
- The second aunt of the Holy Prophetﷺ , Hazrat Aatika (radi Al’laahu anha) also said that the Holy Prophet ﷺ was Noor. On the passing of the Holy Prophet ﷺ she said the following:
“O eyes! Tear in sadness on the loss of the Noor of the cities, Hazrat Muhammadﷺ , (it is for him) for whom am I am weeping” That Mustafaﷺ , who is Noor and who was sent with Righteousness and Guidance” [Tabaqaat ibn Sa’ad Pg.326/327 Vol.2, Published Beirut]
- On the passing of the Prophetﷺ the third aunt of the Holy Prophet Sayyida Urwa (radi Al’laahu anha) pointed out what she believed.
This was recorded by ibn Sa’ad in his book Tabaqaat as follows:
“Ah! Muhammad is the Noor (Light) unto all cities, (so) let me continue praising you.” [Tabaqaat ibn Sa’ad Pg.325 Vol.2]
It is clear that even after knowing and living amongst the blessed wives and beloved children of the Holy Prophet ﷺ and even after observing him eat and drink, the blessed aunts of the Holy Prophetﷺ still believed that he is Noor (Light) and this was their clear and open belief (aqida).
Let us now examine the belief of the Blessed and Respected Wives of the Holy Prophetﷺ , who are known as the “Mothers of the Ummah”
- Um’mul Mo’mineen Hazrat Sayyida Aisha Siddiqa (radi Al’laahu anha) was the one whom the companions of the Prophet (sall Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) went to when they needed guidance regarding any issue after the passing of the Prophetﷺ . She states:
“It was the time of sahri and I was sewing something when the needle fell down. Just then the Holy Prophet ﷺ entered the room and due to the stream of light flowing from His blessed face, I found the needle.” [Khasaais-ul-Kubra Pg.156 Vol.1 Hujatul’laahi Alal Aalameen Pg.688 – Al Qaulul Bad’i Pg.147]
- Mulla Ali Qaari and Allama Jalalud’deen Suyuti (radi Al’laahu anhum) narrated that Ummul Mo’mineen Aisha Siddiqa radi Al’laahu anha) says,
“In total dark nights, I used to put the thread into the eye of a needle with the help of the Noor (light) of the Holy Prophetﷺ .” [Shara Shifa Hashia Naseemur Riyaz Pg.328 Vol.1]
- The cousin of the Holy Prophetﷺ, Hazrat Abdullah ibn Abbas(رضي الله عنه) says that the Holy Prophet is Noor. He was always in and out of the house of the Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ .
The uncle of the Holy Prophetﷺ , Hazrat Abbas(رضي الله عنه) also says that the Holy Prophetﷺ is Noor. Those nurses who fed the Beloved Prophet ﷺ and saw him eating and drinking, those nurses in whose home the Beloved Prophetﷺ lived, walked, ate and drank etc; also believed that the Holy Prophetﷺ is Noor. Those blessed aunts of the Holy Prophetﷺ who saw his wives, his children, and who saw him eat and drink and who observed the way he lived his life, all believed that he is Noor and not an ordinary human being.
- Sayyida Aisha Siddiqa (radi Al’laahu anha) was the one that the Sahaba respected so dearly that after the Holy Prophet (sall Al’laahu alaihi wasallam) passed from this world, they queried from her the solutions to their problems.
Even though she was the respected and blessed wife of the Holy Prophet Muhammadﷺ she still accepted him ﷺ to be Noor.
- Hazrat Imam Azam Abu Hanifa(رضي الله عنه) states the following in the most praised court of the Holy Prophet ﷺ
“You are such a Noor that the full Moon is brightened by your Noor and you are with your beauty and elegance a shining sun.” [Qasidatun Nu’maan Pg.23]
Clear evidence from the sayings of the Sahaba-e-Kiraam, the Ahle Bait-e-Athaar (radi Al’laahu Anhuma), and from the books of the distinguished Muhaditheen have been presented. After examining them, it is as clear and obvious as the brightness of day that although they possessed knowledge of the eating, drinking, wives and children of the Holy Prophet Hazrat Muhammadﷺ they all still believed without any doubt that he is Noor.