We will discuss the acts nullifying the fast under two categories:
- Actions that require both Kaffara and Qada.
- Fast-breaking actions that require Fasting as Qada only.
1. Actions that require both Kaffara and Qada.
2. Fast-breaking actions that require Fasting as Qada only.
Our fast can also be broken accidentally or due to an excuse. In this case, we only fast for those days that we have missed.
Some of the fast-breaking actions that require only qada (without kaffara) include:
ACTIONS THAT DO NOT NULLIFY THE FAST
Our beloved Prophet ﷺ says:
“Whosoever eats and drinks while fasting due to forgetfulness, he should complete his fast. That is because Allah made him eat or drink.”
(Bukhari, Sawm, 26)
– Excerpt from the book,”My beautiful Religion: According to the Hanafi School”