1. An educated man knows his rights and knows how to defend them, time does not hang heavily on his hand, he can be alone, he is never at a loss for what to do with time.
2. If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives.
3. Education is being able to differentiate between what you know and what you do not know. It is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self confidence.
4. Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance, it is a better safe guard of liberty than a standing army, it’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.
5. Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity. It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
6. To be idle is a short road to death, and to be diligent is a way of life, foolish people are idle and wise people are diligent. One should not die of a cold, one should die of having lived.
7. Most men succeed because they are determined to, enthusiasm can be rated even above the professional skill.